Hope is something that seems just is never there for me. Now don’t get me wrong, I believe that faith and hope to two VERY different things.
In #HOPEGOALS of #IF_goals Bible Journaling Kit the devo asked the question “Where do you need the Hope of Jesus to fill your hope gaps?” and let me tell you I have MANY hope gaps.
While I may seem excited and peppy about things, I often lack hope that things will work out. Maybe that’s my problem… I KNOW they will work out the way they are supposed to or at least I’m praying they will play out according to HIS WILL.
… But often times HIS WILL isn’t always sunshine and roses, sometimes it’s a sour glass of lemonade. Good thing I do enjoy a good glass of lemonade on a hot day!
When I read the devo the image of a glass of lemonade spilling over came to mind. That’s one way I journal, I read God’s Word and an image usually come to mind. I try to the best I can, to create the art I see in my head and get it out on the paper of my Bible. (This is the ESV Leather Journaling Bible.)
Here is how I created this page:
- I drew a glass in pencil on the page.
- I used some yellow watercolor to make the lemonade. Then I grabbed the pink and made splashes on the page. (I did this to tie in the colors of the kit stickers I used and the thin washi.)
- I used the .65mm pen to outline the glass and create splashes/drops of lemonade and journal at the bottom.
- I took the diamond stamp in the goals create and used yellow ink from a past IF kit (dec 2016) and stamps tons of drops inside the glass. (If you look close you can see them in the pic below)
- I used the yellow pen from the 5 pack to journal some more personal stuff up at the top of the page.
- I used some of the stickers in the kit and the thin washi to accent the bottom and top of the pages.
- I cut out the hope goals from the journaling card and taped it on the page.
- I’m using the washi from the kit as tabs at the top on all the pages I journal with this kit. And on this page I used this cute light pink clip from Emily at Simple October (I just LOVE her stuff! Go give her a visit and a follow.)
- Highlighted the main scripture with thin washi and pink watercolor.
Inside the glass of lemonade I wanted to create drops and I thought the little diamond stamps in the kit were perfect to use. I also wanted to make this page a little personal but keep it personal… I used the yellow pen to do some journaling at the top of the page but it’s kinda hard to see… perfect! And also the drops coming out of the glass are my hope gaps. There are a LOT! But you can’t really “read” them and that’s just fine… because after all GOD knows what those gaps are and I’m praying JESUS fills them in the days to come this year of 2018!
Wow… how is it already 2018?
Dayspring sent me this kit to review for free. There are affiliate links in this post.
I want to thank you for supporting my blog and family!
Leave a Reply